Subject: Re: [Leica] OT; F5 and Scarputsi
From: Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 01:15:56 +0100

Owen

Probably my fault about all the F5 stuff.  I didn't intend it to escalate into
such a long thread, I just wanted opinion and comment about the merits and use
of MF from Leica users.  I guess it got a bit out of hand and I am as guilty as
anyone for protracting it.

Happy to talk Leica.  Just shot six rolls of Scala on the M6 with 50 f/2 and 35
f/2 ASPH, at ISO 200, pulled to 100 and pushed to 800 and 1600.  An absolutely
remarkable film, very flexible and when pushed can give some very atmospheric
images.  Also shot four rolls of Portra 160 and two of Kodak E100VS and
everything I hoped for from my M6 came through.

It was expensive but it is certainly the best investment that I have made in
recent times.

Simon