Subject: RE: [Leica] a question regarding the R3
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 18:50:54 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fernando Martins [mailto:fer@caleida.pt]
> Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 9:23 PM
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] a question regarding the R3
>

> what's LTM?
Leica Thread Mount - the 39mm screw mount used by pre-M Leica rangefinders

> I understand that many of you guys do not like meters, hate colour
> film and develop your own stuff. I did a bit of darkroom some years
> ago and I loved it. but now I'm waiting to buy an LS-2000 and a 1270.
> that's more my style :-)

Oh, there are plenty of us who use in-camera meters all the time, shoot
nothing but colour neg, and take most of our work to labs where those more
skilled than us can give us the results we're looking for.  It's a big,
diverse world, even here on the LUG.

BTW, I just picked up an 870 - one remarkable printer - and am looking to
upgrade from an HP S20 to an LS2000.  So it's more my style too.  We're not
all a bunch of retro curmudgeons...

Paul Chefurka

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> ([Leica] I took the plunge and ordered M6)