Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: "AWSteg" <upstream1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:13:28 -0400

There is a place in this world for each of these tools.  To argue about it
is absurd!  Would you argue about only using a hand saw made with German
steel Vs a Dewalt power saw with an American Blade saying that "you are
power saw."   Please!  The M6 is a great camera and the glass is great.  The
Contax G2 is a great camera with great glass and autofocus and motor drive
and bracking. . .but, there are batteries involved and that can present a
problem sometimes.  The F5 or F100 are great cameras and I think the glass
is not quite as sharp, but faced with a photographic problem or job that was
better solved with an F5, I would choose the F5.  Under the right set of
circumstances the F5 would produce a better product.  If the M6 was the
correct tool, then the M6 would be the tool of choice, same with the G2. .
.or for that matter a digital camera.  This Arian glass mindset gets tedious
and unrealistic in my book.

Al Stegmeyer