Subject: Re: [Leica] Focotar 50mm f4.5
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 18:11:25 -0700

rkm wrote:
> Have the chance to buy this lens for $50.  My school is possibly selling
> Omega D5 enlargers (colour and B&W) so i'd like to know if there are any
> downsides. If i get the enlarger, an Omega Chromega 4x5 will  the lens
> fit an Omega lensboard. What size lensboard should i get.  Being totally
> unfamiliar with Omega products and optical performance of this Focotar
> lens, i'm casting this question to the group. Perhaps someone has
> considered this odd combo and can shed some light.

Hi Bee,

     No problem.  I've had the Superchromega in my prolab days.  They
take any lens via an adaptor and a lens board.  Omega may have a web
site.  The leitz enlarging lenses are the greatest.  I had a Beseler
45 with cold light and the Leitz glass, I think it was a 100mm Elmar.
Anyway, nice enlarging lenses generally, I've never heard bad about it.

     The Superchromega with it's timer is great.  You can just use that
one color head for everything.  Plus it's 4x5, you can handle copying
on to internegatives in black and white or color.

				Cheers,

						Rich Lahrson
						tripspud@wenet.net