Subject: [Leica] topcor
From: "Duane Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 12:38:31 -0500

I believe I've seen that lens for sale on occasion by Eddie & Richard Tillis
(Woodmere Camera)  in Shutterbug.

http://www.woodcam.com

Brooklyn Camera had it the sept 99 Shutterbug for $795 (mint-)  with the
note they've never had one previously. (it takes a few months for Magazines
to get here.... and believe it or not it was the first one I looked at.

The only reason I noticed this was I had a chance to buy a 35mm Minolta and
a 35 Topcor (both of which I've never seen in Shutterbug) both in LTM for
$150 in Costa Rica.....  I'm still kicking myself for not buying them...  I
really wanted to buy a IIIF RD he had.... but he wanted $1000 for the
body..... ex+ condition, no ST and it was dead in the water...  I joked that
the lenses were probably worth more the camera was.... and nobody would give
$1000 for that..... he scoffed at me... and that was the end of our
conversation.

So, I'd hang on to it...  and hold out for more like $700 at least.  It's
value will only grow.  But you have to find a buyer who is willing to pay
what you are asking.

Duane