Subject: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:51:18 -0400

Simon,
I guess that I have been there and done that too because in the early 1970's
i worked as a pro photog shooting professional motorcycle races when there
was no such thing as auto focus and most of my contemporaries did not even
use a motor drive. My kit consisted of two Nikon F's with a 200mm and 50mm
lenses and a Sekonic meter. With this I had over 400 photos published in
American motorcycle magazines in both  color and B&W with several cover
shots. I know that this may sound extreme in today's terms but once on a
lark I decided to cover a big race with a Rollie TLR. Naturally I was the
butt of jokes all weekend but I ended up with a cover photo. I hate to say
this but I think there has been some dumbing-down of photography in the last
20 years.
Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)