Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex SL
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:41:27 +0100

Thib

I wouldn't have been so happy but when I sent
the "screwed up mail" I'd already ordered the
part from Leica UK, who have it in stock for
about 30USD.  You're right about the plate
and screw assembly, the screw is retained
with an unbroken circlip and a spring washer
which I think could be replaced separately,
but it only comes as an assembly anyway.  I
know, I'm a hamfisted a**hole, but I managed
to get away with it this time! ;-)

Jason

> Well Jason, you did it! finally you screwed
it up and now you're happy, you
> just need another screw! But where the hell
do you think you're gonna get it?
> Don't you think you'll have to send the
whole stuff to a repair person? or
> at least to call the repair person to get
the part? If I remember well,
> there's a little plate that's screwed in
the baseplate and hold the square
> aluminium screw. You need that part,
period.