Subject: [Leica] Darkroom depression; photoshop
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:56:47 +1000

I am proud of my proficiency in Photoshop the result of a slightly slow learner
accumulating a small amount of information regularly over a long period of
time.
It all adds up and it all pays off!! I started out with Photoshop 1.1 or close
to it the year it came out. Using it is an art and a craft. I am very proud and
flattered to be about to show many of my photographer friends tricks and
techniques in Photoshop to help them do things they never dreamed they could.
Whats dumb and negative about it? I don't know. I'm as proud of my Photoshop
proficiency as I am  with my real darkroom proficiency.
I'm at least as good as the average 4th grader! Watch out for those kids!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mark,

I hope you did not think that I was down grading skills in Photoshop (or
any other skills), my comment was that though seemingly easy, digital
darkroom work and photomanipulation in photoshop are not skills learnt
overnight any more than any other human endevour.

cheers

Alastair Firkin