Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Contax G lenses in "M" mount
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:23:51 -0600

Stephen Gandy's site briefly discusses the conversions:

http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm

Metering and infinity focus should not be a problem but rangefinder coupling
probably is as it would be prohibitively expensive to manufacture the
correct cam compensating mechanism*. It could be done but, judging by the
price of the lenses on the market, I think you would have to scale focus
which is not that much of a problem with a 21mm.

John Collier

*Caution inexpert opinion not back up by hard knowledge.