Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Darkroom depression
From: Tom Finnegan <tomf@piengr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 13:18:29 -0700

I have a great computer digital setup that gives me great digital files
from my B&W Leica negs...but I use the computer to convert into 8x10
contact printing negs (see www.danburkholder.com for more details)...for
which I have built in a small darkroom in the basement. Remember when they
said the analog watch was dead when they came out with the digital watch?
The darkroom ain't dead yet.
George Kase

George, I would love to hear some details of your setup and workflow. I
have been considering a hybrid digital/traditional setup myself. I
currently have just a basic digital setup. Do you do your own scanning, or
do you have drum scans made? Do you get output done on an imagesetter or
like device, or do you make your own digital negatives on an inkjet?

Tom Finnegan
Seattle