Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R: Is It Worth It?
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:10:53 -0700

Julian writes:

|There is always a lot of discussion about the R8 - does anyone use the R6? I
|had a serious look at this and it seems to be a great camera. The prices
|second-hand are very low. Is there as problem with it?

I use an R6.  I don't find anything wrong with it.  I guess that the real
question is what do you want the camera body to do for you?  I particularly
wanted a manual non-electronic SLR body.  The R6 functions without a battery
(although some features are lost).  With a battery, you have a choice of
integral center weighted metering or spot metering.  The shutter can be
released either manually or by an electronic release, depending upon the
circumstances.  Ergonomically, the body is the same as the R5 and RE;  it
takes the same accessories including a data back, winder, motor drive and any
case you may choose to use.  The camera also has TTL flash capabilities using
a SCA 351 or 551 adapter.

Hope this helps,
Bill Larsen