Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Pornography?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 09:21:12 -0700

Here in Ottawa a father was charged after a Costco printer found four frames
of the man's 4yo son in the nude.  There was a huge public outcry, and the
charges have been dropped.  However the police were reluctant to return the
offending prints (???) - they were finally forced to do it by a court ruling
that said they could take copies of the prints for unspecified future use...

While protecting kids is a laudable goal, someone has to get it through the
heads of processors that kiddie porn purveyors don't use Boots or Costco for
their processing.  I'd even bet most of them are using digital now, and
nothing ever sees the inside of a lab.  All this extra vigilance does is
ruin the lives of loving parents.

I saw the same fears when I was shooting playground pics last year.  Cameras
and kids are a dangerous mix these days (for the photographer, at least).

Paul Chefurka