Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Pornography?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 09:19:04 -0700

Jock Sturges, a very very talented and famous photographer in San
Francisco, was commissioned by a family, to document their life, children
growing up, etc. The family happened to practice nudity. Fifty percent of
Jock's photographs were of the family while nude. Children, adolescents,
adults... He was arrested, his entire photographic life confiscated, he
spent huge sums of money fighting the charges. He finally won. It took
nearly two years to get his "personal and professional" work back from the
FBI and even today, he doesn't seem to have everything back. No apology.
The FBI still has him tagged as a pervert. His book on this project is:
"The Last Day of Summer" and is a magnificent study/documentary of a
growing family.

Jim