Subject: Re: [Leica] depths of reverberation
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 08:58:09 -0700

>At 05:47 PM 5/2/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>If a child is living on a trash heap, scrounging to survive, I doubt their
>>primary concern is learning to express themselves photographically...

>Sorry, LUGgers.  I fight this attitude all of the time trying to raise
>money for local and foreign developmental programs and it just makes me
>furious.
>
>Tina

tina,

it's a lot easier to complain than to actually do something. it's also easy
to condemn the efforts of others from a distance, with no first hand
understanding of the situation and thus little hope of appreciating what
others are accomplishing.

perhaps the author of the above could let us know what he/she has been
doing (or what his/her favorite charities have been doing) to help people
in need, or if their comments come from their innate wisdom and natural
understanding of how to make all right with the world.

guy