Subject: [Leica] grain and sharpness (as per Puts)
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:46:27 +0100

The May issue (4/2000) of Leica Fotografie International has an article by
Erwin Puts dealing with b&w films (except high speed) and developers. He
likes Delta 100 in Rodinal and says that if you think that's too much
grain, then go for Xtol or FX-39. He also likes Tech Pan in Rodinal. The
article is well worth reading if you are into b&w. Some other
articles/pictures are really low quality, like the one on 35 mm lenses.
Here the author tells us he has used a monopod to shoot pictures in blazing
sunlight in Monument Valley. Probably at 1/250th. At least he admits ... it
would have been better if I had taken this picture from lower down. That,
however was pretty apparent.

I would be interested to hear from somebody who has experience with FX-39.

In another forum I have posted some test results from Tech Pan in Xtol 1+3
and Rodinal 1+150 and Maco Low Contrast. If you are interested, I can
double post it here too.

Regards

- --
Christer Almqvist