Subject: RE: [Leica] Sharpness
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 08:00:55 -0400

No, no doubts whatsoever.  I use a 50 Summicron of the clip-on shade
generation, serial number circa 3.4 million and I use it a great deal.  It
is both exceptionally sharp and contrasty.  I hope you are using the shade
and that you are not putting a filter on the lens unless the photographic
situation absolutely demands one.  You might also have a one-off dog, or it
might have been abused by a previous owner if bought used.

On the other hand...and there's always another hand...you may be more
demanding than your average Leica user and just imagine that!  How are you
judging sharpness?  With a loupe on transparencies?  Prints?  If prints, how
printed?  Have you checked the rangefinder?  Is sharpness lacking at all
apertures?

Finally, I would ask, "...less sharp compared to what?"  Other Leica lenses?
Other marques?  Other formats?

	Buzz Hausner