Subject: [Leica] (Xtol) Why 1+3 dilution ?
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 09:38:59 +0100

I see a lot of you using Xtol diluted 1+3 and I wonder why you use this
dilution.

When I started using Xtol I tried different dilutions and found  the prints
from Delta 100 negatives developed in 1+1 more to my liking (whatever that
is) than the ones from negatives developed in undiluted Xtol. I did one
test with 1+3 and found these prints less sharp than the ones from 1+1 but
that could have been due to other reasons than the dilution. I did not do
any further testing of 1+3 because I found the development times too long
and I did not like to have to restrict the number of films I could develop
at the same time in my tank due to developer capacity reasons.

So, if you have done extensive comparative testing, please let me know the
facts: why exactly is 1+3 so good.

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or