Subject: Re: [Leica] depths of reverberation
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 17:47:14 -0600

If a child is living on a trash heap, scrounging to survive, I doubt their
primary concern is learning to express themselves photographically.  They
would probably appreciate a hot meal or a warm, dry, safe place to sleep,
and they would be better off being examined and treated by a doctor.

When you are hungry, dirty, living in fear and facing death every day,
aesthetics and the beauty of life take a back seat.  Way back.

This strikes me as the kind of "feel good" project that benefits the
benefactor more than the recipient.  If the LUG wants to do some good for
these kids, how about a contribution, made to a recognized and reputable
charity, designated specifically for their benefit, and with no skimming.