Subject: [Leica] LUGger sighting
From: Brian Reid <bkreid@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 13:31:21 -0700

I was just in Keeble and Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto, at the
used-camera counter, buying my 13-year-old daughter her first non-P&S
camera, and I heard one of the staff say "Hi, Jim". I looked up and boldly
asked "Are you by any chance Jim Brick?" He smiled and said yes.

So I just met Jim Brick. And, I suppose, by symmetry, Jim Brick just met
me. There were at least 30 Leicas within 10 feet of us, so I suppose that
makes it OK to report here. He is much quieter and twinkly-of-eye than I
had imagined. Like me, he has white hair. But I'm a lot more, um, rotund
than he is.

(PS I bought my daughter a Nikon FM with a brand-X 28-70 F/4 zoom.)