Subject: [Leica] Re: NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 21:50:24 +0200

In message <200005021658.JAA15144@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>,
Martin Howard writes:

>I'm 31: I live infront of a computer all day long.  The LAST thing I want to
>do is sit infront of one when I get home.
>
>No thanks, I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a wet darkroom.

Hi Martin,

I am in exactly the same situation as you, and I wholeheartedly agree
with you!  After a long day of work in the IT industry (usually
including ~6 hours of commuting) the last thing I also would do is to
sit in front of the computer (I am doing it now, though --- sometimes
it is difficult to kick the habit :-).

Besides: last summer we moved into new house, and I decided to give
the darkroom some rest in order to explore digital photo processing.
I bought Nathan Wajsman's HP PhotoSmart scanner and I stowed the V35
away on the attic.  Not being all that satisfied with the Photosmart's
ability to scan slides I started to save for an LS2000.  However, I
read Erwin Puts' review of the Heiland Splitgrade system (available
from his home page), and now I think it will be a much better
investment (for me) to upgrade the V35 with a Splitgrade module
instead of buying an LS2000; b/w photography is what I like to do, and
the Heiland Splitgrade system is another good reason to return back to
the darkroom again.

- -- Arne
Arne Helme
Email: Arne.Helme at stelvio.nl, arne at acm.org ('at' == '@')
Work: +31-33-4220340, Fax: +31-33-4220341, GSM: +31-620135827
M&I/Stelvio bv, Appelweg 16, 3818 NN Amersfoort, the Netherlands