Subject: [Leica] Re: Exposure meter accuracy
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:07:40 +0100

"Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>

>I don't think you'll find that any meter is _accurate_ to better than
+/-
1/3 stop.

>I have a couple of Gossens, a number of Sekonics and a Minolta. They
are all
'good', and one brand is not more 'accurate' than another.

In cathedral square in Weztlar last month I was a little surprised by
the value of a light reading from my SL2, so took out my Weston Master
and used this to check the light level. A passing member of the Leica
Historical Society also took a reading with his R8.

As the Chinese saying goes - "Man with watch always knows the time;
man with two watches not so sure."

Regards,

Doug Richardson