Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone use Xtol Developer?
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 17:41:13 +0100

on 2/5/00 8:06 PM, rlb at rlb@triad.rr.com wrote:

> Johnny, I have run perhaps close to 500 rolls of Delta films during the past
> year in Xtol and have never experienced the variability that you refer to.
> I have run into packages of 1 liter Xtol that the part A had solidified.   I
> have had two containers of Xtol stock solution that were exhausted after 3
> to 4 weeks producing blank negatives.  I have used at all dilutions during
> this time but generally prefer 1:3 or 1:2.
>
> I am very anal about mixing all of my stock solutions in distilled water and
> making sure there is at least 100ml of stock solution per roll of film.
> Other than those things Xtol has consistently produced fine negatives for
> me.

I've no experience with Delta films, only big yellow K. They are somewhat
different technologies, so who knows? Also I think water quality has a big
effect. Like I say, you have to suck it and see. I'm careful about mixing
and temp too, and I have to add those minutes. Test, test, test, I guess.
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk