Subject: RE: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 07:17:31 -0700

>Horst,
>
>Thank you for this tip.  Can you recommend a good yellow filter to use for
>the Summicron-M 50/2?  Also, which hood would be suitable for this lens?
>Does Leica make a separate hood for the new 50/2?
>
>As a new Leica + black and white user, I really appreciate the advice.
>
>Dan

dan,

the b+w filters are good. i use the yellow, yellow green, orange, and red
with black and white. i'm told the hoyas are also good, though i've never
used them.

as for a hood for the current summicron 50 - there's only the built-in
collapsable hood, which is too collapsable for my taste (it is too easily
pushed back into the lens, i've found). for that reason, i recently
purchased the screw-in hood for the current elmar 50, but haven't yet used
it. i'll give it a try the next time i'm out and about with the m6/50
hanging around my neck.

guy