Subject: Re: [Leica] leica riot
From: Mike Stone <mike.stone1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 20:20:18 +0100

Johnny

Good to know you made it through safely. I spent 3 hours round
Parliament Sq/Westminster and had retired to the pub before it kicked
off in Trafalgar Sq. To be honest, from what I saw it was totally
over-hyped. The angry mob must have been keeping their powder dry
because there were more hangers on, tourists, press, TV and
photographers than participants in my time down there and aside from
digging up the grass and spray painting Winston it was the regular crew
of jugglers and unicyclists rather than anything political. The apathy
of modern youth perhaps.

Best photo ops for me were in the side streets with all the backup cops
sitting in hire vans with nothing to do, look forward to your report
from the sharp end.

There were a hell of a lot of Leicas about though.

Mike Stone