Subject: RE: [Leica] $609 to the dump....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:38:56 -0400

Fantastic!

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Kyle
Cassidy
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 10:29 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] $609 to the dump....

Hey Lugnutz,
  As of last night when Linda sealed up the last of the outgoing
envelopes, the LUG has raised an astounding $609 for Nancy McGirr's
Children's Phography Project. (This huge number is due in great part to
a single Lugger, I don't know if he wants his name used) who donated an
astounding $432.) And with more checks on the way, it seems that we might
top $800 in donations. So instead of a Holga for each kid, we could send
them an M3 to fight over. (Ahem, just kidding.) But it would seem that the
money we have to shop with is now significantly better than I'd initially
anticipated, we should be able to make a serious dent in any photo-related
needs they have.

Updates at:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/dump

thanks to everyone for thair participation

Kyle

p.s. if you're still thinking about participating, we're down to the wire
on Tina's prints, they're first-come-first-serve now. I have about 10
left. I still have about 15 or 20 of my prints from the initial batch.

thanks again,

kc