Subject: Re: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: DR.HEUSER@t-online.de (Dr. Hans Gerd Heuser)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 16:16:47 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:24:39 -0400, Martin Howard wrote:

Let me second Martin:
Walther Benser wrote in his book "My Life with Leica":  When he went out to take some
photographs one of the first times with a Leica I, as a Leitz apprentice and laid the
camera down to the street in order to load a new film, he suddenly heard a woman
blowing him up: "Are you crazy? What do you think putting a Leica in the dirt
regardlessly?"
(Original German: " Was denken Sie sich eigentlich dabei, Ihre Leica einfach in den
Dreck zu legen? Sie sind wohl nicht ganz bei Trost?")

He turned around and recognized the wife of the sales director of Leitz.