Subject: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 07:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

I made a huge step yesterday.  I decided to start looking at my brand
new M6 as the tool I bought rather than as part of a holy shrine.  I
left my camera bag at home and...<gasp>...put the Leica strap on it
for the first time.  I threw caution to the wind.  No velcro
protectors.  Nothing that will protect my pristine Leica from being
worn by the horrible metal clasps.  I'm sure I lost another hundred or
so bucks in resale value by my actions yesterday.  I even put my lens
cap in my pocket and walked around all day with its pristine glass
exposed!  The horrors!

And...when we stopped for supper, my Leica--which heretofore has known
nothing but coddling inside a padded bag and being hand held without
dangling from a strap--rested ON THE FLOOR.  The floor!  Under my
chair.

I'm not quite ready to dip it in a muddy river like Tina, but maybe I
won't go into instant shock when that happens if I keep making
progress like this.  :)

I keep repeating to myself: my Leica is just a thing.  My Leica is
just a thing.  My Leica is just a thing.