Subject: [Leica] Re: 19mmR lens
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:00:04 -0700

On 28 Apr 2000, Henry Ambrose wrote, at least in part:

> Can anyone tell me about the 19 R lens?
>
> How does it compare to the 24 ASPH M lens?
>
> Is it as wonderful? Spectacular? Amazing? Best you ever saw?

Played with a friend's specimen, for a half day, Henry. I thought
the lens was spectacular in both handling and resultant
photographs. Certainly an order of magitude better than the only
other W.A. that I ever owned, i.e. the Canon 20mm 2.8 on the
EOS1n. To be fair, that lens wasn't the red band Canon 'best' line,
but it was still great fun to use.

- --
Roger
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica