Subject: RE: [Leica] Garry Winogrand
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:12:35 -0400

Hi Nathan,

I'm captivated by street photography: seeing the everyday and the ordinary
in a new light.  How often have we walked down a crowded city street and not
_seen_?  Our attention is diverted to a thousand thoughts and daydreams, the
next item on the to-do list, the next destination.

But street photography brings our attention back home, back here, to the
journey itself.  Look, it cries, there is beauty all around us!  Look at how
these faces are lit up!

(Okay, so you're hearing from a sleep-deprived new owner of an M6 who's
under the spell of these Winogrand photographs.)

Tell me more about Bill Brandt.

Dan