Subject: [Leica] M5, Comments?
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:43:08 -0400

OK...no comments yet on the CL 40mm Summicron...I'll just have to try it
and see...Anyone have any comments good or bad about the M5?

I think it kind of an ugly duckling, but it looks as well (if not better)
built than the M6, probably is a bit less expensive and has a lot of
features that I like in common with the CL that I'm used to that was sold
around the same time. I LIKE: The internal TTL spot meter, what looks like
X AND M synch ports as well as a hot shoe, side strap lugs, shutter speed
in viewfinder, that classic engraving on the top. I DISLIKE: its chunky
look. (That's all I don't like as far as I know and it's much smaller than
any other nice cameras that I own except the CL so the pros vastly outweigh
the cons.)

How do they hold up to real use, what are your impressions of the "feel" as
users of and what is a reasonable price for an M5?
I don't need beautiful, but I absolutely require smooth ergonomics and
function and adaptability.

Thanks in advance.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube