Subject: [Leica] in search of perfect straps. . . . .
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:24:31 PDT

     I hate to sound totally retro, but the last good strap I bought was in
about 1968, made of heavyweight 1/2" wide leather, with a quick-release clip
about 10 inches up from the camera. They were custom made and mass-marketed
by a photojournalist of the time (whose name I don't remember). They were
comfortable, soft, unobtrusive, could roll around a hand, stacked well (4
cameras/one person--try that with a modern wide strap), and were quick to
adjust to length (none of that "dumbell" junk). Fortunately I still have two
of them, and recently bought parts to try to make a couple more. I wish
someone still made them--if anyone knows of a source, please tell me!!!
     --Michael Darnton

From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Caps, Straps, and Cases Suggestions
on 27/4/00 2:43 PM, Henry Ambrose at digphoto@nashville.net wrote:
>I have several Zing straps made with a smallish neoprene pad but they
>come with those darn quick release things that I have to cut off -then
>they are just the right length for the "short carry" meaning that they
>are just barely long enough to allow shooting a vertical with thestrap
>around my neck.Aha. That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.- --
Johnny Deadman