Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Grün................OFF TOPIC
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:09:34 -0700

Dan,

Your interpretation of  "grünspan" reminds me of a friend of mine hosted by
a family in Hamburg as an exchange student. She was very eager to impress
her hosts, learn the local customs, but most of all to learn the language.

The head of the family was an avid hunter and one evening, after a
successful hunt, all were seated around the dinner table enjoying a
delicious pheasant.
Martha, wanting to contribute to the conversation, after practicing mentally
the appropriate words, asked the host where had he hunted and killed the
pheasant.
Well, Instead of using the word "geschoßen" she uttered (spelling
approximate): "Wo haben sie gescheisen......."

After a seemingly interminable silence, the entire family burst out in
uncontrollable laughter.

Joe