Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PC lens
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:12:14 -0400

Donal Philby jotted down the following:

> Of course, I understand that
> all Lugnuts may not be highly envious of my opportunity to shoot light
> poles!  But think of Buddhist temples in Thailand, or museums, or any
> metropolis.

Or, the situation I found myself in the other night.  I was taking shots of
neon signs along a street, during the "blue" hour just after sundown.  I was
using the 35mm PA-Curtagon-R.  Because of the angle of view, I had to stand
on the opposite side of the street to get the subject in view.  But, because
of the traffic on the street and parked cars on my side, a regular 35mm
wouldn't have worked.  A little up-shift solved the problem.  Amazingly
useful feature.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |     It is essentially contestable.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |