Subject: Re: [Leica] Expectant proud new M6 owner
From: Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:48:46 +0100

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>Hi Simon and welcome,
>
>I believe you will find the M6 the superb tool for photographing your
children. My 6-year old daughter has >now become so accustomed to the
quiet click and
>absence of flash of the M6 that she basically refuses to be
photographed with the big camera like the R8 >(which for me plays the
role the F5 plays for
>you). When she sees the big SLR with a flash on top, she starts
squinting and closing her eyes immediately, >and protests loudly that
she does not want
>flash.
>
>Like other posters, I would suggest that you reconsider the Tri Elmar
as your initial lens. I know it sounds >tempting, but the maximum
aperture of f4 will
>prevent you from exploiting one of the fundamental benefits of Leica
glass, the ability to take excellent photos >at apertures like f1.4 and
f2. Perhaps you
>should combine your 90mm Apo ASPH with a 35mm Summicron or Summilux
(depending on your budget).

>Nathan

Nathan

I have now reconsidered the T-E and have called the Leica dealer to
change my order to the following:

M6 Chrome .85
90mm f/2 APO ASPH
35mm f/2 ASPH
50mm f/2

Just need to be patient and live my Leica life through you guys in this
group for a few more days.

Simon