Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: HasselbLAD vs. Leica
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:16:17 -0400

That is just not true.  I have been on the Hasselblad list for years.  The
only problem mentioned is the jam/lockup problem (I believe these both
refer to the same problem), and that happens quite IN-frequently and
appears to be with very well USED lenses.  I can count the times this has
happened to anyone I know (personally, MF News Group and Hasselblad list)
on one hand.  I have not heard of it ever happen with the CF lenses, just
the C lenses.  That is just my experience, I am not saying it doesn't
happen with them.

What does "otherwise give lots o'trouble" mean?  Please elaborate on that
very unqualified statement.  And certainly not "right out of the box".
 They will give you trouble if you don't know how to use them.  So will a
hammer.  They will also give you trouble, sometimes, if you use them as a
hammer.

The jam (which is also called 'lockup', so I don't know if you are trying
to make two problems out of one

You are just completely wrong.  You are either misinformed, making it up
and trying to cause trouble (since there has been little trouble on the
list for a while) or happen to be the unluckiest guy in the world.