Subject: [Leica] Nikon kodachrome slide scanning
From: AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:41:21 +1000

The main benefit of Vuescan to me is it's ability to use
the IR channel for image cleaning with silver-based images, and its
multi-pass scanning capability, which reduces scanner noise and recovers
more information from shadow areas. Nikon's software can't do the former,
and only offers the latter in the much more expensive LS-2000. Don't
underestimate the benefits of multi-pass scanning of Kodachrome or Velvia,
especially for low-key images.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

John,

or any one else. This multiscan ability sounds good to me. Will Vuescan work
on the original Nikon Coolscan (yes there is still one out there--- slow as
it is) on a Mac?

Cheers

Alastair