Subject: Re: [Leica] Introductions....
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:31:29 -0700

J Vaughan wrote:  and a bunch more...snip

> Is there anyone in the Boston area that would be willing to show me
> what one of Toms Rapidwinders is like? I'm left eye mastered and am
> tire of ducking from the viewfinder to cock this ity-bity camera...>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Jeremy...,

Welcome to the wildest ride in the camera universe!  Sounds like yer a
good type and will add to the conversation, generally we find folks who
take time to either lurk and learn before announcing their arrival or
like yourself,  spend time reading the Archives turn out to be pretty
good leica folks. :-)

As for the Tom Abrahamsson Rapid winder and having to see one, that can
be done on Tom's web page for the Rapidwinder.  As far as using one and
you a left eye dominant photographer let me assure you as a "one eye
only left eyed shooter"  just order it and you'll forever be a M6 Leica
happy camper user.

The Rapidwinder is the only way to go if you're a left eyed
photographer, it's simple, quiet, fast and once you've  mastered the
feel, it's quite easy to fire 3 frames a second.  And quietly!  No
batteries and it works like a dream.

However, in the Boston area I believe you might find one in Park Square
Camera and Photo at 77 Arlington street or I  know there are LUGNUTS who
have them in and around the Boston area.

Once again, welcome and we look forward to your posts.

ted