Subject: Re: [Leica] Vertical adjustment
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:17:31 +1000

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow wrote:

 Just simply: does
> the adjustment exist on the M6 or not?
> Does it interfere in any way with the normal focus adjustment?

Given that I haven't seen a reply yet Rob, I'll chime in.

Yes, there is an adjustment, but not one that I would try.  Theres a
widget behind the red dot, which Leica techs tell me is a tricky one to
work with.  As to your second question, the cause of the vertical
misalignment (? dropped from a tall building with a single 'f***!') may
have shifted the horizontal alignment and thereby focussing accuracy.
Why not try what I did yesterday and take some shots looking on an angle
down on a ruler sitting on the dining table, with a pin stuck into the
french polishing next to a number of your choice, to assist in
focussing.  Do not do the pin thing if Sue is watching.  Watch out for
transparent rulers - the printing is on the bottom and bad refraction
things happen.

Regards

Rick (no Leica surgeon me) Dykstra