Subject: RE: [Leica] You're on the Board!
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 07:41:03 -0400

1. Better film loading.
2. Better film loading.
3. Better film loading.

Dan (who nearly ruined the shutter curtain on his brand new M6 wrestling
with a stubborn roll of Tri-X that would neither feed through nor come back
out)

P.S. Other wish-list features, less important than above (bearing in mind
the source has shot all of two rolls through a Leica M so far :)):

- -- a high eyepoint viewfinder that allows eyeglass wearers to see the 28
frames in the .72x and the 35 frames in the .85x viewers
- -- aperture and shutter speed info in the viewfinder
- -- a center-mounted tripod socket
- -- electronic curtain to accommodate higher shutter speed and faster flash
synch (1/250 would be nice) for fill
- -- aperture- and shutter-priority auto-exposure
- -- NO auto-focus, never, ever
- -- lens caps that fit the hoods, so one can simply leave the hood extended
(or in place) all the time (of course, Ted has me nearly convinced I don't
need the lens cap anyway! :))

And, pertaining to the R system:

- -- ability to mount R lenses on Nikon bodies (hey, if you're going to wish,
wish big!)