Subject: Re: [Leica] M2/M3/M4-P/M6 Rangefinder
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:13:30 +1000

Dennis Painter wrote:

> Look again, doesn't happen. The optical design of the M (all) finder is
> such that both images appear to be coming from an object at infinity.
> Can't shift. Such is not the case on the LTM RF.

Hi Dennis,

Because I've been a little stumped by my results with 0.85 and 90/2
lately, I took some test shots today.  I stuck a pin through a sheet of
A3 paper and lay a ruler along side it.  Shots with various lenses
looking down from an angle will help me learn how to use them, however,
with light reflecting off the pin, I can see feint ghost images of the
pin if I move my eye to left and right from a central viewfinder
position.  The lesson, for me at least, is that one needs to know one's
gear to get the best out of it.  I'll just make sure that I'm looking
through this body the right way when I'm taking shots that count.  'nuff said.

Regards

Rick Dykstra