Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Unboxed
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:11:24 -0700

Dan Honemann wrote:

> Hi Ted,
> Ah, but I have!  I just now got back from burning through my first roll of
> film: Fuji New Superia 400 on a cloudy day in DC.  I took the Epic Stylus
> along too, and fed it a roll of the same film so I'd have a basis for
> comparison.
>
> What different experiences shooting the Stylus and the M6 are.  The one is
> true point and shoot (though I always use it in spot mode, sans flash); the
> other is purely manual, yet one doesn't mind taking the time to set the
> exposure and focus the lens--it's sheer joy.<<<<<<<<<<

One of the great joys of photography, enjoying the moment of focus and
composition!  " Then Click!"

> I can't wait to get the results from my virgin roll!

No question,  you'll be more than pleased!

> So true, Ted.  My tongue was rather firmly planted in my cheek on the
> unboxing post, though I was really intending to poke some fun at myself as I
> have gotten carried away with this thing.<<<<<

So was mine, as I, like many other LUGNUTS and LEGNUTS have had exactly
the same hullie gullies when unwrapping a new piece of leica gear.
Trust me, it never ends as you acquire each new toy! :-)

> > wont see those pretty red arrows, her battery will be dead!
>
> Good point, and I already forgot to do this a couple of times.  Bag?  What
> bag?  This camera lives on my shoulder now!<<<<<<<<<<<

Good thing, as I do here.  Simply because the doom sayers talk about
the,   "BIG ONE COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME!"  This refers to a major earth
quake which will see the west side of North America become water logged
and I don't want to be rockin' and rollin to earth shakies without a
Leica in hand as we slide into the Pacific.  :-)

Can you imagine how peed off you'd be standing there with everything
collapsing all around you and   "NO CAMERA ! ?"  My God you'd never
forgive yourself as multi thousands of dollars, not to mention the
historical value,  slipping away before your eyes.  Then say to yourself
in a quiet voice,  "Gee whiz I sure could use my Leica!"  :-(  Then
quickly slashing your wrists!

The M6 is an ever ready for all circumstance camera and it should always
be ....ever ready to shoot at the blink of an eye!  " On, no lens cap
and cocked ready to shoot! "  If not? Forget it, go buy some old point
and shoot and sit on your backside waiting for old age retirement.

ted