Subject: [Leica] was: Natchwey. now Natchwey-Grant
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:16:16 -0700

Howdy folks,

There have been references to James Natchwey's book, "Inferno" and my
book  "This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler."  which I am
indebted to and honored by the posters, as I find it complimentary and
quite an interesting comparison of subject.

death and life!

James,  who still shoots the "death watch of conflict"  which I did many
years ago, while today I shoot the "living watch of medicine!"

As of this writing I have not seen James Natchweys' "Inferno",  it is on
order and will probably arrive on Tuesday after the Easter holiday
weekend. Considering the comments posted to some degree I'm looking
forward to viewing his book with trepidation, "been there, done that,
seen it before!"

Do I need old nightmares rekindled?

No and yes.  As it will be a reminder of why I stopped shooting "death
watch" assignments illustrating the stupidity of man kind one unto the
other.  And folks, it doesn't matter whether you use Leica or beer
cans....  it ain't a pretty sight,  nor smell!  Leave it to others!

ted