Subject: Re: [Leica] Classic M6 Terminology / LHSA Black Paint
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:43:07 -0700

there seems to be some misunderstanding here

the term "M6 Classic" is an often used non factory designation for the non-TTL M6.

you will often find dealers advertising a "M6 Classic" only as a way to prevent
confusion with the M6 TTL.  Leicadom is often confusing.   They are just trying to
prevent misunderstanding with the newbies who haven't yet learned the secret salute
and handshake.

so far as I know, Solms hasn't actually used the term "M6 Classic"

while my site was among the first to note the better build quality of the
M3/M2/M4/M5,  I hardly think think an attempt by Leica and LHSA to satisfy  pent up
consumer demand for a black paint M6 is "BS."   It's more like "Keep your customers
happy."     I hope to have a LHSA black paint M6 page completed over the weekend,
complete with LHSA order form.

Stephen Gandy