Subject: [Leica] I got it!!!
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:54:30 -0400

Well, I am now the proud owner of a brand new, silver chrome .72x M6 TTL,
and a black 50/2 Summicron.  I went to a store in DC (Penn Camera) that had
both the .85 and .72 versions in stock, and so was able to compare them side
by side.  The 35 mm lines on the high mag. finder were simply impossible for
me to see (as an eyeglass wearer), while the 90 mm lines on the .72 seemed
perfectly adequate, so I went with the latter.

I had intended to wait and order the camera from a local store here in
Baltimore, but once you hold it in your hands and it's available then and
there, it's impossible to wait.

The irony is that I've been so swamped with work that I have yet to even
take the camera out of the box. :(  I'll finally be able to get to that
tomorrow night.  I plan to spend the better part of the weekend shooting.

Many thanks to all who helped me make the many difficult decisions that went
into this purchase.  I feel great about it, and am eager to finally start
taking photographs now that I can put the equipment decisions behind me (at
least for the time being).  Your advice was extremely helpful to me.  This
is a wonderful resource.

A new and ecstatic M6 owner,
Dan