Subject: [Leica] Re: auto reply (OT)
From: "Kam" <kamm@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:35:08 +0800

Hi all,

Strictly speaking this is off topic but I guess it is relevant to the proper
administration of this list.  I am also a subscriber to the Olympus mailing
list.  A few days ago a member went away for holiday without unsubscribing
but with the auto reply on.  The result is - every member received hundreds
of auto-reply "away for holiday" message from him and the list was
unnecessarily flooded with loads of messages.  Fortuneately there wasn't
another member who did that, otherwise we would have had hundreds of
thousands of auto-reply to auto-reply message, :(  :(  Perhaps we can learn
a lession from this.

Regards,
Kam
Hong Kong