Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 problem
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:43:23 -0500

Have you tried turning the unit off, let it sit for 5 mins, then turn it back
on again? Clean the contacts inside the camera back? Are you having shutter
problems with the camera without the winder attached? I think the winder will
disengage if the thumb lever is pulled out. Do You still have problems then??
Cheers Wilber GFE

Gib Robinson wrote:

> Yesterday my R8 body with winder developed a film advance problem. At
> irregular intervals it is advancing the film and giving me blank frames.
> Apparently it is not triggering the shutter because on the three rolls I've
> developed, about 1/3 of the frames are blank. It is just advancing the film
> one or more frames either after I've shot a single frame or after I have
> barely touched the release button.
>
> Altough I suspect this is not a problem I can solve without a trip to the
> repair shop, I've tried a few simple "fixes" like replacing the battery,
> cleaning the contacts, moving the single/multiple frame switch and mirror
> lock-up. No change in behavior. I've been running a test roll through the
> camera repeatedly and the results are consistent. Winder adds extra frames
> at unpredictable intervals.
>
> Anyone had this problem? Anyone have a suggestion for a simple fix?
>
> --Gib

- --
Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440