Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIf rangefinder repair
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:34:55 -0500

Dear LUG,

I recently acquired a lllf in very nice condition. The only problem is the rangefinder which is hazy and the image from the mirror is weak compared to some other examples of that model I have seen. I understand that is not an uncommon problem for the old LTM Leicas and that it can be repaired. It needs a good cleaning and possibly replacement of the rangefinder mirror.

My question to LUG members is this: Do you have any recommendations to me for the best repair person(s) to send my camera to who is really experienced with this type of problem and does the best work with a reasonable turnaround time? I saw a list of repair facilities on the LHSA website. I would especially like to hear from those who have had repairs done for the same problem and were happy with the results.

Despite the temporary problem, this pocketable camera is a joy to use (except for the tedious film loading procedure. Leica's version of No Pain-No Gain).

I thank you in advance for your advice.

Robert Browne
Bronx, NY

rbrowne@iopener.net