Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Visoflex lenses on an R5
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:18:02 -0500

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Yes you can use the 90 as you describe. I've done it with several Visoflex
> lenses. You get no auto diaphragm and stop down metering.

Thanks for the info.  Manual only, or can I use aperture priority auto on
the cameras that have it?

> Why the R5, 6, or 7? DO they do something special you need?

Actually, I should have written R5 or R7.  I'm looking for something with
at least aperture priority, spot and integral metering.  Don't plan to use
flash much.  Want to be able to fit a motor drive with grip.

The R5 seems to be better built than the R4 and the later Rs are small are
more managable than the R3, or so I'm told.  R7 adds 1/2 shutter stops, new
electronics and fill flash, should I ever want it.  Also, since these are
electronic cameras, I'm thinking that later is better.

Why do you love the R3s?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |