Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film: Ilford vs. TMax
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:00:34 -0700

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> Ted,
>
>         Thanks so much for pointing out the obvious, you have a real gift! Just ran
> a batch of TMZ @ 3200 in Tmax with lots of agitation and it works like a
> charm, nice fat (relatively speaking) negatives :-)). This post is a real
> gem.
>
> Jonathan Borden

You guys sound like you're mixing Martini's!!!
The compensating effects of intermittent agitations is a basis of photograhy
101.
In between cycles the developer stays fresh in the thin shadow areas where it
needs to keep working...
while the highlights coat themselves with expended inert stuff so they don't
block up.
You're not going to get that with your stinking plastic Jobo's!!!
And you can set them on Pureé for all I caré.
Mark Rabiner
:)