Subject: [Leica] rangefinders . . .cheap ones that is.
From: Aubin <aubin@aa.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:07:07 -0700

Mark,

not to disagree, they are as you say, P&S cameras that are also
rangefinders, after a fashion.  My issue is the speed and lack of
control.  I just want full manual control, and fast glass.  F:3.4 - F:6.7
is not fast, hell, its not even medium . . .its damn slow.

Top shutter speeds of 1/250 - 1/400 aren't much better, I'd like at
least 1/500, but more importantly, want to go down to 1 sec in
full stop increments.

Give me a small simple body with full shutter speeds 1 - 1/500th, and
using a 35mm F:2 lens, and life is good.  If it takes a 28 mm and
or a 24mm (read M mount here!), even better.  Hell, it doesn't even
have to have frame lines for the widest lenses, just tell me where
its metering, I'll manage the rest.

The only thing that keeps me from buying the Minilux or the TVs is
the lack of total control.  Well, that and the lack of range in speed
or aperture.  At least my $50 canonette gave me that.

Maybe I should find someone who could mount a summicron 35
onto a canonette.  It would be a misogynistic beast, but it would
give me what I want.  Yeah, I know the shutter is in the lens on the
canon, but still . . .what could be done along those lines, anyone
know for a fact????

Norm